Saturday, May 15, 2004

Rechargeable batteries and make-shift case

A must. The camera came with one set of NiMH AA's. A set of batteries usually last for a full day's worth of shooting for me. However, how long your batteries will last usually depends on how many pictures you take, whether you use the LCD, and whether you use the flash. I have many sets of batteries (the brands are Olympus, Energizer, GP, Powerex, SunPac) and I carry around a spare set or two in case I run out. Good batteries have high capacities (MAH). See this article at imaging resource for the battery bake-off. Here are some reliable sources for buying batteries:
Green Batteries
Thomas Distributing
Before After
Sucrets Box Batteries Inside Sucrets Box
I use this make-shift case for carrying my batteries. It came with Sucrets cough lozenges (resourceful and cheap, huh?). It did not take me long to discover that the case was just the perfect size to carry 9 AA batteries. The only problem I have had is that the case tends to open easily on its own, especially when full, and the batteries will sometimes spill out into my camera bag. But, you can use a rubber band to secure it. I'm really proud of this one...such a resourceful person I am.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also carry several spare sets of AA NIMH batteries for my Olympus C-2100. I have a full-sized "gadget bag" in which I carry the camera, two chargers, three spare sets of batteries, a small table-top tripod and a few spare lithium batteries just in case my NIMHs are all down.
As a quick memory trick, when the batteries are charged I put them together in packs of 4 with a heavy rubber band with two batteries in opposite directions. When taking discharged batteries out of the camera I rubber-band them together all in the same direction so I can always tell the charged and discharged batteries apart.
Also, source of inexpensive batteries......"Harbor Freight Tools" periodically puts 4-packs of 2000mah NIMH AA batteries on sale for $3.99.

January 04, 2007 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home