Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Add-on lenses

Olympus B-300 Teleconverter

I got this to take pictures of the moon. It was very hard to find over the last 2 years because it was discontinued. Olympus recently announced that they will make this lens available again as the TCON-1.7x.

Raynox Sample Click on the photo to see a larger sample. This was taken using the Raynox HD-6600 at full wide 38mm. Wide Angle: People at the Olympus forum at www.dpreview.com recommend either the Tiffen 43 mm 0.75 wide angle converter or a Raynox HD-6600 Pro 0.66 wide angle converter (49mm or 52mm threads). The Tiffen model may be difficult to find because Tiffen filed Chapter 11 a while back. I used to own a Raynox (49mm threads) that I sold to help pay for the repair of my UZ when it died from SDS. I found the lens to be good, with some slight barrel distortion in architecture-type pictures but no distortion in landscape pictures. It also had soft edges, which doesn't bother most people (but it bothered me a bit).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home